Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fantastique French & Wunderbar German

My food this week was inspired by fantastic and wonderful food from the French and German!

This is Pork au Poivre which means Pork with Pepper in French!
I was introduced to this dish in my culinary prep class and fell in love with it.
It is made from Pork tenderloin medallions coated in peppercorns..
I also paired the pork with roasted carrots and broccoli which have a Romano cheese and garlic flare to them! Delicieux!

For my next dish I went with a classic: Beef Ribs and Sauerkraut..
or in my case Pork ribs and Sauerkraut because my cheap-o grocery store was out of beef ribs :)
AND what better way to start the day than getting out the crock pot!
Hello easy dinner.

It's nearly impossible for me to eat this meal without
homemade Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes.
Is there really any other side dish fitting?

So you may be thinking.. "wow Steph, that looks like slop on a plate."
And if you are.. well that's rude. However!
I say comfort food from a crock pot is allowed to look this way. And let me tell you..
Plates were cleaned and Tummies were happily full.

These two dishes shout comfort to me and give me a rich, warm fuzzy feeling after I finish stuffing my face. Thank you to my Oma for introducing me to wonderful German cooking! This unique and delicious food is one of the reasons I have such a passion for what I do.

Thanks for reading about my "adventures of being a Chef"
-Stephanie


1 comment: